LESTER/WELLS PROMOTION GUIDELINES
This promotion commences on 6 MAY 2016 Australian Eastern Standard Time (“AEST”) and concludes on 13 May 2016 at midnight AEST.
One winner will receive one signed copy of A KISS FROM MR FITZGERALD by Natasha Lester (valued at $29.99) and one signed copy of THE WIFE’S TALE by Christine Wells (valued at $32.99)
The winners will be judged on or about 14 May 2016 by Natasha Lester and Christine Wells and announced by them on Facebook and Twitter by midnight on 14 May 2016 AEST.
HOW TO ENTER DETAILS
Australian residents aged 18 years or over (excluding the immediate families and related entities of the Promoter) will be eligible to enter the advertised promotion. To enter this promotion, eligible entrants must, during the promotional period:
a. Do both of the following:
i. Follow the official Twitter accounts of both Natasha Lester (@Natasha_Lester) and Christine Wells (@ChristineWells0) and be following them both at the time of judging; and
ii. Tweet both @Natasha_Lester and @ChristineWells0 with the hashtag #kissandtell and with the name of their favourite heroine from historical fiction and why, in 25 words or less.
b. Do both of the following:
i. Like the official Facebook author pages of both Natasha Lester (https://www.facebook.com/NatashaLesterAuthor/) and Christine Wells (https://www.facebook.com/ChristineWellsAuthor/) and still like those pages at the time of judging; and
ii. Comment on one Facebook post announcing this contest with the name of their favourite heroine from historical fiction and why, in 25 words or less.
c. Do both of the following:
i. Follow both Natasha Lester (natashalesterauthor) and Christine Wells (christinewells_) on Instagram and be following them at the time of judging; and
ii. Comment on one Instagram post announcing this contest with the hashtag #kissandtell and with the name of their favourite heroine from historical fiction and why, in 25 words or less.
CONDITIONS OF ENTRY
1. Information in relation to this promotion including, without limitation, information on how to enter, mechanics of how to enter and prizes form part of these Conditions of Entry. Entry into this promotion is deemed acceptance of these Conditions of Entry by each entrant.
2. Any costs associated with accessing the promotional website remain the responsibility of each entrant and is dependent on the Internet service provider used.
3. Entry is open to Australian residents aged 18 years or over. The immediate families and related entities of the Promoter are ineligible to enter.
4. Eligible entrants may enter this promotion on multiple occasions during the promotional period. Internet entries will be deemed to be accepted at the time of receipt and not at the time of transmission. Incomplete, ineligible, inaccurate, erroneous or incomprehensible entries will be deemed invalid. Entries must be received by the Promoter during the promotional period for this promotion.
5. The start, finish and judging date and time for this promotion will be as stated above or advertised on the promotional website. The judging will take place by Christine Wells and Natasha Lester. Chance plays no part in determining the winners. Each entry will be judged based on the following criteria: originality and creativity. The judges’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
6. The winner will be notified / announced in a comment on the Promoter’s Twitter and Instagram accounts and via each of their Facebook pages on 14 May 2016 at or about 8pm AEST. The winner must respond within 7 days of such announcement stating that they would like to claim their prize and comply with the verification procedures of the Promoter. If no such response is received from the winner within 7 days of such announcement, or if the winner refuses or is unable to accept their prize, or there are eligibility or verification issues in relation to the winner, the Promoter shall have the right to forfeit the prize in respect of that winner.
7. The stated value of the prize comprises the Recommended Retail Price including GST. The prize, or any portion of the prize, is not exchangeable or transferable (subject to paragraph 11 below) and cannot be taken as cash. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any variation in prize value. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for prizes lost or damaged in the process of delivery or transit. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any tax implications that may arise from the prize winnings. Each entrant shall be responsible for seeking independent financial advice.
8. Entrants can only enter in their own name. Entrants who provide incorrect, misleading or fraudulent information are ineligible to participate in this promotion and all entries of an entrant who is deemed by the Promoter to have provided incorrect, misleading or fraudulent information may, at the discretion of the Promoter, be deemed invalid. The Promoter reserves the right to request entrants produce (within the requested time) appropriate photo identification or other documentation (to the Promoter’s satisfaction, at its sole discretion) in order to confirm an entrant’s identity, age, residential address, eligibility to enter this promotion or claim a prize or any information or material provided or submitted by the entrant in entering this promotion or in connection with this promotion (including, where the entrant is under 18 years of age, the consent of the entrant’s parent or legal guardian), before issuing a prize. If any entrant is under 18 years of age, the Promoter may also require the entrant’s parent or legal guardian to produce (within the requested time) appropriate photo identification or other documentation (to the Promoter’s satisfaction, at its sole discretion) in order to confirm or verify the identity or consent of the entrant’s parent or legal guardian, before issuing a prize. If the documentation required by the Promoter is not received by the Promoter (or its nominated agent) within the time requested, or the entrant or entry has not been verified or validated to the Promoter’s satisfaction, that entry will be deemed invalid. All prizes will only be awarded following any winner validation and verification that the Promoter requires in its sole discretion.
9. Each entrant agrees not to create, post or transmit on or through any of the Promoter’s websites, or otherwise submit, in connection with this promotion, any material that is inaccurate, incomplete, false, misleading or deceptive or likely to mislead or deceive, or that contains any defamatory, libellous, abusive, offensive, threatening, harmful, vulgar, obscene, pornographic or otherwise objectionable material (including, without limitation, any material that contains or describes any nudity or drug use).
10. If for any reason a prize or element of a prize becomes unavailable for any reason beyond the Promoter’s reasonable control, then another prize or prize element will be awarded to the winner in lieu, subject to any written directions made under applicable State or Territory legislation or regulation.
11. To the fullest extent permitted by law, the Promoter and their associated agencies and companies shall not be liable for any direct loss, indirect or consequential loss (including, without limitation, loss of profit, loss of revenue, loss of expected savings, loss of data, opportunity costs, loss of business, loss of business opportunities (including opportunities to enter into or complete arrangements with third parties), loss or reduction of goodwill, damage to reputation, loss of management time or damage to credit rating), damage, personal injury or death which is suffered, incurred or sustained (including but not limited to that arising from any person’s negligence) in connection with the use of any prize.
12. The Promoter reserves the right to verify the validity of entries and reserves the right to disqualify any entrant: (a) for tampering with the entry process; or (b) for submitting an entry which is not in accordance with these Conditions of Entry; or (c) if the entrant has or is engaged in any unlawful or other improper conduct that may jeopardise the fair and proper conduct of this promotion. The Promoter’s legal rights to recover damages or other compensation from such an offender are reserved.
13. Caution: Any attempt, deliberate or otherwise, to cause damage or interference with the normal functioning of the promotional website or the information on the promotional website, or to otherwise undermine the legitimate operation of this promotion, may be a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, the Promoter reserves the right to seek damages to the fullest extent permitted by law. If the Promoter suffers losses or damage or incurs any costs in connection with any breach of these Conditions of Entry or any other legal obligation or applicable law, by an entrant, the entrant agrees to indemnify the Promoter for such losses, damage and costs.
14. The Promoter is not responsible for any problems, delays or technical malfunction of any telephone or network or lines, servers or providers, computer equipment, software, technical problems or traffic congestion on a network, or any combination thereof, or any other technical failures including any damage to any entrant’s or any other person’s computer or peripherals related to, or resulting from, participation in this promotion or the downloading of any materials related to this promotion.
15. To the fullest extent permitted by law, the Promoter will not be responsible for any incorrect, inaccurate or incomplete information communicated in the course of, or in connection with, this promotion if the deficiency is occasioned by any cause outside the reasonable control of the Promoter including, without limitation, technical malfunctions or failures.
16. If this promotion is not capable of running as planned for any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter including because of war, terrorism, state of emergency or disaster (including natural disaster), infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, technical failures or anything which corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this promotion, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend this promotion and/or to provide an alternative prize or prizes, subject to any written directions made under applicable State or Territory legislation or regulation.
17. The use of any automated entry software or any other mechanical or electronic means that allows an entrant to automatically enter this promotion repeatedly is prohibited and will render all entries submitted by that entrant invalid.
18. As a condition of entering this promotion, each entrant consents to the Promoter using the entrant’s name, likeness, image and/or voice in the event that they are a winner (including photograph, film and/or recording of the same) in any media for an unlimited period of time without further notification, remuneration or compensation, for the purpose of promoting, publicising or marketing this promotion (including any outcome), and/or promoting any products manufactured, distributed and/or supplied by the Promoter. The entrant agrees that, in the event that they are a winner, the entrant will participate in all reasonable promotional activities in relation to this promotion as requested by the Promoter or its agents.
19. Any entry and all intellectual property rights (including copyright) subsisting in any entry (“Material”) irrevocably becomes, at the time of submission, the property of the Promoter. Each entrant represents and warrants to the Promoter that:
i. the entrant has good legal and beneficial title to the Material, free and clear of all charges, encumbrances, liens and interests;
ii. the entrant has the right to assign all intellectual property rights (including copyright) in the Material to the Promoter;
iii. the use by the Promoter of the Material will not infringe any intellectual property rights (including, without limitation, copyright or trade mark rights), moral rights or other rights of any person or entity, nor give rise to any liability for payment by the Promoter of any royalty or compensation to any person or entity, and will not give rise to any breach by the entrant of any agreement to which the entrant is a party;
iv. there is no actual or threatened litigation or claim, challenging or disputing the ownership of the Material; and
v. the entrant has obtained without duress from each author of, or performer in, the Material, to the fullest extent permitted by law, unconditional and irrevocable consents to any acts or omissions (that may occur before or after those consents are given) by or on behalf of the Promoter that would otherwise infringe the moral rights the author or performer holds in respect of the Materials, and unconditional and irrevocable waivers of all moral rights the author or performer holds in respect of the Materials, anywhere in the world.
20. Each entrant indemnifies and shall keep indemnified the Promoter and the Facebook platform, administrator, advertising and promotional agencies, and all their respective officers, directors, employees, representatives and agents (collectively known as “Facebook”) against all actions, claims, proceedings, demands, liabilities, losses, damages, charges, expenses and costs (including legal costs on an indemnity basis) suffered, incurred or sustained by the Promoter and/or Facebook as a result of or in connection with any one or more of the following:
i. any breach by the entrant of any provision in these Conditions; or
ii. any wrongful, wilful, negligent or unlawful act or omission of the entrant.
21. Each entrant agrees and acknowledges that this promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook.
22. The Promoter means Natasha Lester and Christine Wells.